1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Display/GFX Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Sni9er, 23 Mar 2013.

1. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

hey guys

encountering thew strangest issue i've ever had to date, let me preface:

Intel 990x
    Rampage III Extreme Black Edition
    X2 EVGA 680 SC2
    Dell 3008wfp
    Corsair 12GB (2gb X6)
    Seasonic SS-1000XP - 1000W

All at Stock ..

ok so lets start from scratch, recently one of my bfg 285's died sponmsering a purchase of 2 680's

in safe mode I re-intsalled the drivers (clean), enabled SLI and all was well furmark ran hapily for 30 mins, and gamed for a few hours

rebooted in the morning

after the windows loading screen thats it .. display blacks out into standby mode .. after alot of f**king on i decide to plug in the displayport connector as the screen and card support it

ok great i have a display again full 2560X1600

the action of enabling SLI however forces the screen to 640X480 on displayport.. sucks

further to that the dvi input works again as an "extended desktop" so i rejig so the resolution is correct for the DVI and yank the DP out .. there we have it i have my screen back on DVI

I enable SLI .. all is well .. ..

however as soon as i reboot the same headache starts all over again .. nothing on the DVI DP works ... yada yada

i'm at my wits end ive tried rollbacks, legacy drivers even just windows whql drivers al;l have the same effect, and im running out of ideas on how to resolve this problem short of NEVER RESTARTING AGAIN .. which i pretty much do anyway ...

things i've tried:

• turning off GPU_1 (with switch on motherboard, same as uninstalling
    • turning off GPU_2 (obv swap monitor cables to the other card)
    • Safe mode .. works
    • remove drivers entirely
    • remove drivers with drive sweeper
    • install 306.07 drivers
    • Reseat the cards
    • plug in EZ_power connector to motherboard ... which i might add is not ****ing E or Z to plug in on the bottom of the bloody board

nilch ...

My last to thoughts are the possibillity it's the Motherboard or the Display itself

2. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

any bright ideas ? haha

3. daveh84

daveh84 What's a Dremel?

Not sure if you have sorted this yet, but how many displays are you trying to connect to the cards? Also, how are they connected exactly?

4. phoenixck

phoenixck What's a Dremel?

Have you checked that the cards are sli'ing properly when you do get them working?