1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks DIY antenna

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shoxicwaste, 4 Jul 2010.

1. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I broke my Wi-fi antenna, anybody know any good guides on building new ones with wire or household items?

2. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

How did you break it? Usually, there's a wire in the middle, if that's not torn it will work fine on it's own.

3. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

The wire got snapped :/ - it was like a threaded wire

4. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

5. Bakes

Bakes What's a Dremel?

If you thought to check your own source before posting a condescending link, you'll see that most of the results on that page are complete crap for this idea, focusing around massive parabolic dishes, or about using signal boosters to increase a wireless signal.

So, before you start preaching about how 'google is your friend', do make sure that google is in fact providing useful information, kthx?

Simply inserting words from the original post into Google does not solve any problems and in this case just makes you look like a tit.

OP, I might just have what you want lying around at home here. If you've got standard fittings (ie it looks like the image below) PM me. It's a bit damaged (it won't screw on very well) but it's mostly cosmetic - the aerial itself is fine. I wouldn't try to make your own - these things are designed to work well and by making your own you could unintentionally affect your ability to use wireless (reception could be easily decimated).

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jul 2010