1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News DLC is better than advertising

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Sep 2010.

1. deadsea

deadsea New Member

Aw nuts... That didn't come out right.. Not enough sleep and everything... It was a in general comment and not specific to that post. The 20 hrs was referring to the single player portion. And i have seen more than a few people refer to 20-40+ hrs games as epic (in length). That's not right... I'd bet their heads would explode if they played any of the FF series...

Anyway, why did i quote your post? Time to start the coffee drip...:wallbash:

2. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK New Member

Advertising = Costs Money

DLC = Costs U Money

See what I did there....

3. Sensei

Sensei New Member

MW2 is a typical example of what we are all talking about here.
    If people think 6 hrs is acceptable for a single player game then I must be getting old.

Some say they buy MW2 for its online gaming. Well I thought it was rubbish compared to the first one and if things carry on like this how soon before they develop it only for online and begin charging you for the pleasure?

Gamers need to be careful what they let the industry get away with because I can see it has already started with releasing unfinished games at full price before charging more for DLC claiming its new content.

eddtox likes this.
  4. infi

infi Member

yes, DLC is great for promoting a game in a negative way... games with awful lot of DLC usually land very low on the "I might buy this"-scale.

Tags: Add Tags