1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you hate your job ?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 2 Jul 2008.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I got a new job at Best Buy 2 months ago. I sell computers and the stupid 'Performance Service Plan' of Best Buy and well, let's face it, I fkng hate my job. They give me about 15 hours a week (last week I had 5...) and every time I have to go to work, I am stressed for hours before going. For example I work at 4h30 today and I have been stressed about it since I went to bed last night. I hate this job so much. I feel out of place at all time and I feel like I just plain suck at it. I hate to impose something to people, which means that I don't insist that much on selling the PSP. Of course Best Buy advertises everywhere "No commission, No pressure" so that clients feel good about walking into a Best Buy, but the no pressure part is BS. It is us, salesmen, who have all the pressure. We are still monitored to sell as much as possible and if we don't then we're out.

Well guess what Best Buy : EFF YEW, I'M OUT OF HERE

I got another job last week. The problem is I only start next week and in the meantime i have to stay at Best Buy ... *sigh*

(emo thread, I know... I just hope I'm not going to spend the rest of my life doing jobs I deeply hate)

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I love my job, but I sympathise. I've done all sorts of **** jobs - everything from a chainsaw salesman to a clown.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'd need a job to hate it

But I'm working on that (getting a job)

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

please Joe stop saying you love your job. We all know you do and you know damn well we all hate you for doing the dream job of all of us

<3 <3 <3

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I used to work 10hr shifts without a break making the cardboard tubes you get in industrial sizes rolls of paper and stuff. I was relieved when they sacked me as it was utter hell and the smell from the glue made your nose sting for hours afterwards.

Now I'm a teacher. It's 95% hate, 5% don't mind it.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I loved my job up until my company decided to outsource 750 jobs (including mine) to India. Now I'm just bitter :rolleyes:

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I think when i was part time i used to not sleep at nights just because i had work the next day but since i converted to fulltime hours and the added responsibility has changed my out look.

I consider my place of work much like an abusive relationship with a woman. you love her but she treats you like **** 99% of the time, but you know in your heart that she dosent mean it and eventually when those good days/moments do come around they are the best in the world.

In my case i have spent far too long with this job, i need to move on but im too lazy.

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Sounds to me like you're just not a sales guy. Nothing wrong with that. I hate interfacing with other people, as well. I hope your next job suits your personality better!

-monkey

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Ironically, my next job is at FutureShop, which is basically the exact same thing as Best Buy... However i will be a technician there and I won't have to deal with as many clients as I do now. I will see during the first few weeks if I like it or not and if I don't then I'll just leave. It is kind of complicated to pay the car without a job but I'll find a way ... *sigh* I can't wait to be done with studies ...

10. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

11. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

I quite enjoy my job.
    Past jobs, I didn't like as much, but I could still get some value out of them. I've been a salesman more times than I can count. I've also been a truck driver, an assembler on an assembly line, a sound engineer, an assistant to a systems administrator, etc. I'm happy I'm no longer working 16 hour shifts on the assembly line, though it did pay quite well.

12. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

my current job is alright -- there's some days when i absolutely hate it and get the stress and worry you described in your original post for hours and hours before i actually have to be there. not that it matters too much though: it's my final day soon and i'll be moving in with my girlfriend (and getting a better job!) which is all that's keeping me going atm.

past jobs have ranged from awesome to downright horrible. i think (or at least hope, eheh) that everyone has had at least one bad experience in terms of a job.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I don't even know the deals I can get ... I'll check it out when i'm at futureshop. It wouldn't change much though because no matter what kind of deal I can get, I still don't have money to buy anything... I have to live on 30$ for another week

edit : nvm , looks like it's 15$ now ... for some reason

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I just realized that I work at 17:30 instead of 16:30 today and as stupid as it might sound, it's like a huge bonus for me to be there an hour later and for a shorter period of time. I really like burning the whole place down LOL

15. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I work at a pet store. You want to talk about sales pressure? Heh...

We're told never under any circumstances to pressure the customer into a sale, but then we get yelled at non-stop to reach our monthly goals of $8000 each. Our commission is less than 1%, and we are so slow in our store that there is no way we can reach our goals, especially when the supervisors sit at cash, and have everything that comes up put under their number (just to bolster their sales, as they never sell anything, ever).

Then ontop of that, I get yelled at to do something, do it, then the same manager comes over and yells at me because I did it exactly the way she wanted it done.

I hate my job too.

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I sympathize man, I really do

17. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I did hate my job, but looking at yours it wasn't so bad.
    I need a new one, and i'll probably hate it too. I hate all jobs that aren't related to what I like.
    I got the pre-work stress all the time.

18. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I was going to post about how I like my job but now I am scared that I will get jumped from behind if i'm not careful.

19. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I only hate my job during the slow times (i am in Software QA). A good example is this week i have worked MAYBE 2hrs and so far have clocked over 20. I know i could never be a sales guy, i can't pressure people to buy anything.

20. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Yes I hate mine. :(