1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone make a chrome or stainless PSU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rls669, 18 Mar 2008.

1. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

Just so I have one less thing to polish [​IMG]

2. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I know that the AeroCool ZeroDBA is a polished silver look. Might be helpful if you were to list a) what country you're in, and b) what your psu requirements are (besides the look).

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

See if you can find anywhere locally which could chrome the PSU case for you :idea:

4. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

Canada, so pretty much everything is available here. I'm using a Zalman ZM600-HP right now. That Aerocool looks badass, thanks for the tip.

NEIN!! :D

For this mod I've decided that paying someone to do any of the work is cheating. Of course if I buy a new psu instead of polishing the old one then technically I'm doing just that, but I choose to disregard that. After working with aluminum a little, I really don't want to polish steel again.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Ultra makes one as well. I think I have one in my desktop, but it's so rare I take the side off I can't remember anymore.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

yeh, built a pc for my cousin using a Hiper modular PSU. was a gorgeous looking PSU, chrome/polished steel case with perforations and i think it had a shiny fan too. can't remember where i got it from though...ebuyer i think. it was defo a hiper model tho.

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I have one in my mod, it's just 450W though...

It's the Revoltec Chromus II 450

Pics are in the thread in my sig.

8. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

I read your project log, nice low budget work. I can't find that brand of psu in Canada. In fact I can't find the Aerocool ZeroDBA here either, just their 550w. I'm sure someone could special order it for me, but then the question becomes: is it worth $150 to avoid polishing my Zalman? The answer right now would appear to be NO. When I'm in the middle of the polishing process, I will almost certainly wish it had been YES :D

9. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

NZXT has some shiny ones, and so does Ultra. I think their entire X3 line is shiny, but I don't know about the rest.

10. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

I'm in love with the round modular cables and illuminated rings on this Kingwin:

[​IMG]

But I think it's got the black chrome style finish, not chrome chrome :D Still, those cables go so perfectly with my design that it might be worth the effort to polish up the casing.

11. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Sunbeam NUUO has a brushed chrome look.

It's amazing. I used to have one.