1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Does this product exist? (digital photo frame, mp3, stock ticker)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by exavier412, 4 Nov 2008.

1. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

I really want a specific product, but I don't know if it exists. What i'm looking for is something in the form factor of a digital photo frame that could do a couple extra things. Here is what I'd like it to do:
    1) obviously, display pictures, via streaming (from a mac), or via USB connected hard drive or thumb stick
    2) play mp3s, via the same places it gets the pictures
    and here's where it gets interesting
    3) i'd also like it to track stocks, or at least the Dow/nasdaq, and display this info over pictures being displayed.

i'd want the interface to be slick, and not cumbersome, and if it had ir so i can use my universal remote, that'd be sweet.

does anyone know anything like this? or am i going to have to build a small computer/somehow make an interface to do this?

thanks in advance

2. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

If it doesn't exist, an Asus Eee or one of those nine inch Dells would be ideal as you could extend the wires from the base unit and mount the base on the back of the screen.

3. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I remember an 9" photoframe with SD slot and Wifi with build in RSS reader from somewhere on Engadget but I dont know if it ever made it into production

4. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

One word: Chumby.

You're welcome.

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

there's lots of photo frames with rss support, but they are for pulling pictures off an RSS feed rather than overlaying RSS text feeds on photos.

6. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Possibly one of the larger Archos products?