1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dragon Age 4 pivots to become single player only

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Feb 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

You've got ot wonder just how badly Anthem tanked financially for EA to produce this about face. EA claimed to have made at least $100million from th egame a couple of months after release, but no doubt their projections were for cash in the billions from it.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

It seems they're struggling to grasp the idea that multiplayer isn't a replacement for content, but are slowly getting there. I like multiplayer games - I don't play overwatch, battlefront 2, valheim or battlefields for the story, but at the same time I don't want my story driven world building games to lack story and world building.
    Mass Effect Andromeda and 3 had multiplayer components, and while I can't recall ME3 too much, Andromeda allows you to send teams on the missions instead of forcing me to do them online. Though I can't help but feel I'm still being screwed by doing this. I believe ME3 had no option, so you either did them or missed out.
    I don't want to be forced to play MP or risk being penalised in SP. But hey, if you throw in multiplayer raids with no influence on the main game I'd probably play them with friends tbh. Or even some sort of horde mode. After all, I enjoy games like Killing Floor, Grim Dawns Crucible mode, and vermintide 2.

TL: DR, if you're making a single player game, make it single player with some multiplayer additions, not multiplayer requirements.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

SP, as it should be.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Thank God.

EA really need some gamers on their board of directors. I know..not gonna happen. But I could have saved them millions, probably even made them millions in the last few years. And that's just me. Letting people with no clue dictate your direction on spending is just retarded. What does a fat banker know about what makes gamers happy? Nothing. But they love money so mmm lets have a juicy games as a service game..YUM. pfft

Tags: Add Tags