1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Driving In Sweden

Discussion in 'General' started by BjD, 18 Sep 2007.

1. BjD

BjD What's a Dremel?

Off on a work trip tomorrow and just been informed we have a hire car booked for us, so I'll be let loose on the streets of Gothenburg. Apart from remembering to drive on the wrong side of the road, is there any advice our Scandinavian forum members can offer? I'm guessing the basic rules of the road are the same, but I'm not sure on speed limits.

2. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Minimodder

Zero tolarance for drink driving. I dont mean there should be any, but the limit it is so low.... A good thing.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

4. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Keep your eyes on the road, not those sexy Swedish woman. So you're in the UK, and you say Swedes drive on the wrong side of the road, so to me, that would be the right side of the road! I love that picture on the Wiki. I can imagine if they flipped sides on me here in the US. I'd be confused as hell for a while just because I'm so programmed now. However, they do say fatal accidents sharply fell. I wonder what the statistics for fender benders looked like for the first month or so after the change.

5. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

If driving in Gothenburg, while on the larger streets, FOLLOW THE SIGNS. You will think it's time to turn just about when you've missed the exit.
    I've never actually driven there myself, but every time we go through there on a long trip to Norway or whatever we _allways_ end up on the same (wrong) street no matter how we try to avoid it. :)

As far as speed limits go - just blend in, there's no autobahn. :p

6. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

vigfus.. i miss you:(.. Where you been?
    Hows the dead guy's decomposition stain coming along?:p

Tags: