1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dual Monitor Issues (Fixed It)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TeenGeek, 8 Jan 2013.

1. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

Hey all, I recently setup a second monitor for my PC, and i went into the screen resolution menu to set it up, and selected the "Extend Displays" option. The monitor designated as "1" is a Dell 2408WFP, running on the display port connection (because I don't like the clip-less design of HDMI, and I don't like the screws on DVI) The monitor designated as "2" is a Dell S2409W. When I selected the extend displays button, the second monitor powers on, and has the background on the screen, but I cannot move my mouse to that monitor. Do I need to do something in the Nvidia control panel, or do i need to change connectors or something?

Thanks for any help :)

(I'm using windows 7)

EDIT: I fixed it, but for any others who need help with something like this, make sure that your computer thinks that they are in the same position as they are on your desk. (my "2" monitor is on the left, but the computer thought it was on the right)

Last edited: 8 Jan 2013