1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software DVD Cover Feedback

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Constructacon, 29 Feb 2008.

1. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Here is the artwork I recently did for a recent console world championship (a bunch of guys having a laugh) that I took part in. This is the 5th annual DVD and the 1st one to feature artwork. I tried to make it look as close to the real deal as possible. Any feedback would be appreciated as I'm always looking to improve my work. (Real files were much larger and higher resolution but can't be shown here because they're just too mahoooosive)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I really like that cover and the Ferrari theme. My only point for possible improvement would be to make the spine stand out a bit more, through either a trim or a slight darkening? I do not know whether this will be needed once it is boxed, but flat like that, i think it might help. Other than that, awesome! I love the speedo idea.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That cover looks great - I'm not too keen on the speedo for the DVD, but then again, I can't think what else to put on it. :p

4. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

That's a great concept and well executed

5. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Thanks for the feedback guys. Actually I agree with Krikkit - the only reason I made the speedo was because I couldn't think of anything else to do that would tie the 2 together so thematically. From what hughwi said, once boxed the spine looks fine, however the text probably could use some more contrast between the background and it. To keep the thematic black text I guess I would have to lighten the spine image but then that would destroy the look of the picture if the case was layed flat. Hmmm things to think about when I make the case for this years contest I guess :D

6. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Very well done. Looks very slick indeed.

Tags: