1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows E-mail Client.

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazyg1zm0, 12 May 2012.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hi there all need some software for my emails. reasons and conditions are below.

Essentially I am fed up with my work e-mail using a webmail portal to view etc, Its stupidly complicated and long winded to organise and move e-mails, to delete stuff and there is no search feature.

So i'm looking for a free mail client for my win7 machine so that I don't have to use the online horror anymore.

All I know is thunderbird doesn't work and I am not sure why.

So please would you recommend me some clients.

Thanks
    Pete

2. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I like Thunderbird, but you could give Pegasus a try -- I used to use it years ago and it was pretty solid.

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I like thunderbird too but for some unknown reason My work e-mail will not work with it

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 #noob

You can setup e-mails in outlook to use the webmail as a proxy ?

5. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I think you should try to fix the problems with Thunderbird - most email clients use a similar mechanism to send/receive emails, so the problems you are experiencing will probably occur on every email client.

6. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

The latest Windows Live Mail is pretty good, and if it's a Microsoft email service that you're using it should be pretty easy to set up. Also you say it's a work email...what service is it? Because you may not be "allowed" to use a client with it or it may be set up to only work through the web portal. I know mine only works through a website and it's crap.

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

You should talk to your work and ask them if they support using an email client when you are at home.

If you're using OWA (Outlook Web Access) you may not be able to use another client depending on the policies your IT Dept have set.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

you might have to change your outgoing(SMTP) server to your isp's outgoing server

some isp's do not allow smtp traffic unless it goes through their servers

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm currently using Operas in built one, does everything I need to really, and means I don't have another thing open all of the time.

10. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Seriously, THIS.