1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA looking to revive classic Bullfrog games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Aug 2009.

1. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

For me it would gave to be Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper. played both extensively, although I never actualy finished Theme Hospital. Does anyone know if these games will work with the Windows 7 XP thing? Seeing as they don`t use much GFX power. I also want a new Homeworld plus ports to Vista/Win7.

2. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Syndicate was great on the Amiga....so was populous....
    Maybe they should bring out the game in two versions, buy the remake, with its "updates" and get the original, tweaked to run on XP/Vista/Win7 as well.
    So at least you can't bitch and say the original was better, since you have it also...

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

If EA released working versions of Syndicate, American Revolt & Syndicate wars on a disk with no other changes except for it to work fine in a modern windows environment I would gladly pay £30 for it.

4. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I concur, and better multiplayer
    Dugeon keeper vs Dungoen keeper yes please

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Populous on a handheld should herald a new battery technology that lasts for weeks.

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

£30! I managed to get Syndicate + American Revolt working under DOS Box without too much effort

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'd do that.

If some bugger hadn't stolen my copies of Syndicate and Syndicate Wars years ago. :(

8. Emu76

Emu76 What's a Dremel?

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but does anybody know anything on this topic anymore? I haven't heard a thing about a new Dungeon Keeper, or more importantly, Theme Hospital. I've been playing this classic game all of this last week, and contrary to what Harvey Elliot said, it is just as good as it was 13 years ago. I think the concept and gameplay is timeless and is still great fun today. A remake? Yes please.

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Well EA cancelled a lot of project recently, ones they have kept going are Project Redlime (Almost certainly a new Syndicate) and a couple of others but it seems that they have given up on taking chances for now given the current economy and that they are pussies.

10. Akdude80

Akdude80 What's a Dremel?

Magic carpet and Magic carpet 2 are always nice to make come back also as better in graphics and all :O couldnt wait that to come....

11. Niels E Poulsen

Niels E Poulsen What's a Dremel?

BULLFROG GAME : POPULOUS the beginning

Ohhhhhhhhhhh if it ever would be possible, then You guys should revive POPULOUS from 1989. That game was one of THE BEST. Simple but extremely different and catching.

Yours
    Niels, Roskilde, Denmark

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tags: Add Tags