1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Easy MP3 Encoder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ciaran.mooney, 24 Aug 2005.

1. ciaran.mooney

ciaran.mooney Minimodder

Hi All.

Just got myself a 256mb mp3 player. Crappy mass-storage device thing. For using at the gym, would rather not put my 3G iPod through a lot of bumps etc.

Now all my music is encoded in AAC, so my new MP3 player cannnot play them. Also I'd rather not re-encode all my AAC to MP3, not just because of the time factor but MP3 as a codec is rather dated now.

What I want/need is a program (for Linux, Mac OSX, Windows XP I use them all!) that will encode MP3 preferably LAME on the fly, in an iTunes-esque way. And sync them with my new flash MP3 player.

Google just brings up the normal MP3 ripper rubbish, was hopeing someone here had a solution to suit me.

thanks in advance.

2. ajack

ajack rox

EAC (Windows) will rip your CDs then encode them to MP3 (using LAME) all in one step (I *think* - you may have to do it in 2 steps).

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

DBPowerAMP?

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I'm with Bindi on this, for windows try dBPowerAmp, most mp3 players just require you to drop the tunes on to them, so you could just set the output directly to the mp3 player, then you don't even have to have dupe's on your hard disk...
    Not sure about Mac, but I recon you could probably use some long and horrid script involving mplayer, and lame and some audio->wav plugin on lunix.

5. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I use CDex, it's pretty good.

6. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

dBPowerAMP all the way, great little program. I've always used it.