1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eBay, anyone used it? Good and bad comments please

Discussion in 'General' started by Henchman:crg, 28 Feb 2005.

1. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Wondering if anyone has used it to sell and buy stuff, and how they rate the service?

Thanks.

2. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Errr, well the service depends who you're buying from really, just check their feedback if you want to know.

- H.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

tbh, If i'm buying someone and they have 100% feedback from 20 people, i've got no problems with that.
    Bid! :p

4. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Great bargins to be had but its full of muppets as well. Just go by the feedback and you should be ok

5. e36Adz

e36Adz What's a Dremel?

If you cant sell something, wack it on ebay :thumb:

6. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

used it for ages, as long as u deal with reputable eBayers, u should be fine

7. Henchman:crg

Well, I registered, and trust me to find a problem with there registration form.
    I initially entered a user id with a character it did not like, so i changed it and hit the continue button, and it then registered me under the suggested name rather than the one I typed in.

Good start then :wallbash:

8. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I've used it far too much lately, buying CDs, clothes, and stuff for my hifi. Never had any problem other than a rather badly scratched CD, but in fairness the description did state it was 'a little scratched', though I didn't expect it to be quite as wrecked as it was.

I've made 61 transactions in the past 6 months, the longest I waited for anything was 2 weeks, and everybody left me good feedback (you want the item quickly, then pay quickly..theres such a thing as a good customer as well as a good seller). As long as you check other peoples feedback carefully, and read the item description thoroughly, then you'll probably be fine :)

9. RTT

RTT #parp

Henchman: it's a username, who cares?

10. Henchman:crg

11. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

ebay is greaT :rock: sold some used pc2100 ram for like 70 dollars!!

12. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Just sold some dead mobos for ~£100

13. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

You can change your username at any time but it does let users know that you have changed it (but this is the same info that tells people that you are a new user).

eBay is a great place to find a bargain, off load your rubbish and laugh at some of the ridiculous items people sell. You will probably not be able to sell straight away (eBay policy I think can't remember though).

Generally you can trust people by their feedback. I have only had one bad experience in 5 years. I got my money back from my credit card company. PayPal also offer similar cover (was only US but I think it's world wide now).

Have fun

Meblin

14. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

jus sold my old an broken nokia 7650 for £35!!!! brilliant as i aint used it in 2yrs muhahahahahaha!!!!

i jus love it,but make sure that they have a good feeback rating!!!!

15. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

As everyones said - it's all about feedback, but I love it! The bargains/items you find, the fact that you set your maximum bid then get bidding fever n bid higher n higher, watching people fight for your items - it's all good fun :)

Granted you get a few dodgy/awkward gits. For an item I'm currently selling I've had one person send me 3 official queries she could have asked in one and then started emailing me directly just to tell me how pretty my item is..as if I'll fix the auction for her or something *shakes head* :p :wallbash:

16. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

I only started using it properly beginning of the year (had sold a couple of items before) and have made almost £250 from it. Quite good seeing that apart from a motherboard that went for quite a bit (and only a tenner more to buy it new from a shop) it was just stuff cluttering up my room and to be honest I was going to throw most of it out. Strage that certain things always go for so much.

17. Malvolio

Malvolio .

You're buying people off ebay?!? What are you doing, selling them into the sex trade? How long have you been in the human trade racket? Does the FBI know about this?!?!?

:lol:

18. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

I find it easier if you split them up and sell off the parts, complete people are often difficult to sell...

:D

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

hmm, 1pm too, must be this keyboard, can't blame tiredness ;)

20. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

i love ebay, loads of profits to be made :D