1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other eBay Delivery Address Weirdness

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeK, 24 Sep 2020.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Evening all

Google isn't turning up anything for me so I thought I would turn to the collective knowledge of BT. I have sold a couple of items this evening on eBay and both the delivery addresses have odd lines in the middle of them. They go something like this (obviously made up names and addresses)

Bob Smith
    4 School Lane
    ebay16t8ytz
    Northampton
    NN11AA

Each has the same format code - the word 'ebay' followed by 7 numbers/letters.

I have seen codes before when people have chosen Argos or Sainsbury's as click and collect locations but both addresses just seem to be residential locations in totally different parts of the country

Any ideas?

Cheers

GK

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just found this link: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Ann...very-events-on-eBay-from-1st-Sep/ba-p/6727290 via this eBay community thread: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Ebay-reference-in-address/td-p/6737677. Seems to be exactly what you're describing...

GeorgeK likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, I've seen that twice this week, George.

The buyers had no idea it was showing on their address details.

I removed it and sent the items anyway*. One has been delivered and the other isn't due for a day or two.

*note - I do not use ebay's address labels - never have.

GeorgeK likes this.
  4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Thanks chaps. My google-fu must have been weak last night if you managed to find 2 links in 10 minutes @Byron C - I must have looked for about half an hour... I'll leave the codes off as I'm just taking the parcels to the post office this time.

Byron C likes this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Probably just Google's algo targetting me with ebay community forum threads; I was on there quite a bit recently when looking up information about returns and refunds and who's responsible for what, etc.

6. DanH

DanH What's a Dremel?

I had a delivery with this added in the address