Ebuyer yet again...

Discussion in 'General' started by burnoutuk, 30 Nov 2004.

1. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

I ordered a TV from them last week, they say i'll get it on friday 26th They send me a TV stand but no TV. CityLink say the item would be sent on monday 29th, it wasnt. So after contacting them they tell me it was not sent to them but after speaking to a manager they've signed for it but not recieved it :confused:

Ebuyer have the worst customer service EVER and CityLink are pretty close.
    Anyone know a quicker way to tell Ebuyer i've not got my order? I sent an e-note last friday but a reply takes around 3months :eyebrow:

So anyone with a phone number or propper e-mail address for them please send it me.

2. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

There was an announcement on their website not too long ago, stating that they were terminating they're telephone call system.

3. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

actually, it seems like this is citylink's fault, not ebuyers. If citylink sign for something they haven't got, how is that ebuyer's fault?

4. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

it seems if you put a enote in with a sales enquiry heading it gets answered quickly, try and not say how bad they are as from experience they ignore your enote for upto 2 weeks ! :D

5. RTT

RTT #parp

What he said ^

6. Adam

Adam Minimodder

I've spent around £5,000 with eBuyer over the last couple of months without any serious problems. The only minor hiccup we had was sorted relatively quickly.

You have to remember that you are not going to get the same level of service from them as you would from a smaller outlet such as OcUK. eBuyer's main selling points are price and product range. To improve customer service, they would have to raise prices which you wouldn't like much either.

Be patient and it'll be sorted eventually.

As for Citylink, it seems to depend a lot on the local depot/franchise. Some are great, some are bloody awful!

7. burnoutuk

I know that's what I thought but CityLink are saying yes they did sign when they got it but they thought it was just for a tv stand (which they've sent me) and Ebuyer didnt send the TV in the first place.

Would be so much easier if I could actually talk to someone from Ebuyer. :sigh:

8. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

I sent them an enote on sunday, got a reply today, admittedly it was nothing to do with what I asked, but it was a reply.

Btw "it is not [their] policy to give free gifts to customers for Christmas or any other holiday", well you cant blame me for trying (they managed to answer that bit of my enote :D ).

9. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

if all else fails, ask the the call to be escalated and ask for a managers email address - got my 3 week RMA sorted out in <5hours

10. dom_

dom_ --->

you have to expect more problems though as they have a higher number of sales, its like saying a company is good cause they only ever had one complaint, but if that was from one order then its bad. Percentage wise i wouldnt have thought ebuyer where no worse than others.
    As for no phone number, if they answer enotes or emails quickly whats the problem?
    phone systems and the staff are very expensive, if they got rid of it to cut costs then surely this means lower cost of product to the customer, which cant be bad.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2004
  11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Aggghhhh no, you're torturing my two favourite companies at once :waah:

<A88>

12. burnoutuk

Got a enote back at last. They are very sorry for the mess up :eyebrow: (won't say their mess up though) and will ship one to me shortly.

Just hope it goes a bit smoother this time and I dont get another kick in the balls with them just deliverin the stand.