1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EC plans wireless broadband for all

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Oct 2009.

1. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

When it comes to internet connection.. I just think that wireless is too unreliable.

I'd much rather they improved the hard-wired infrastructure to improve ADSL speeds.

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. This is just another step towards making the internet available to everyone, whether that is wirelessly or through the various wired alternatives. I certainly don't think Virgin media or other ISP are going to say "Well, nevermind our wired network which we spent billions developing. We'll let that rot and move to wireless." :p . I think there will always be companies and individuals who prefer the greater speed and reliability achievable through wired networks. However, for your average citizen it makes it that much easier to start crossing the digital divide.

ed

3. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Since EU is planning to go wireless, why do I have to pay in UK the 5 pounds phone tax, so BT can put broadband exhanges in rich peoples country houses?

4. taylorshrp

taylorshrp Banned

Tags: Add Tags