1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Eheim 1250 question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sherk, 21 Mar 2006.

1. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

I have an Eheim 1250 pump, and as you probably know, it has a 5/8" tube fitting. I ordered it all from DangerDen, and got the 1/2" conversion, but it's terribly ugly looking. Is there a direct conversion piece anywhere out there, that I can screw into the pump (so that both barbs coming out of the pump are 1/2")? I've done some basic searching on Google, but I wasn't really able to find anything beyond what I have. Thanks for the help guys. :D

2. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

Ok, I've done a lot of searching at work. I'm confused as to what I need to get, I'm seeing a lot of different sizes and standards. Can someone tell me what the difference between G3/8 (and G1/2), NPT, BSP, etc, are?

3. stev

stev What's a Dremel?

NPT - National Pipe Thread
    BSP - British Standard Pipe Thread

First you need to know what threads are on the pump before getting the replacement fittings. ;)

I would take the pump down to a local hardware store and try a few fittings. Then get what you need. :thumb:

4. jellybeard999

jellybeard999 What's a Dremel?

G1/2" OR 1/2" BSP to 1/2" barb.. for inlet
    G3/8" OR 3/8" BSP to 1/2" barb ... for outlet

G and BSPP are the same, and BSP is the same as BSPP (or near enough)

simple as...

5. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

Is there anywhere in the U.S. that I can get chrome/nickel plated 1/2" fittings for this pump? I've looked all over, one website had it in Google's cache, but they are defunct now.

6. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

All the pumps I've seen have been NPT. I would just take the pump to a hardware store. I haven't seen any chrome or nickel plated fittings at all, you could always try http://www.mcmaster.com

7. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

This will explain Barb Sizes

You will need a 3/8" Thread to 1/2" Hose Tail for the outlet and a 1/2" Thread to 1/2" Hose Tail for the inlet both BSP

Not sure who does BSP your side though.

[Note] to nexxo - the link to Barb Sizes in the Really Useful WC Threads has changed to this one - cheers & sorry for the hassle

Last edited: 22 Mar 2006
  8. stev

stev What's a Dremel?

Tags: