1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Electronics help - Bit of a project if youre bored!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by :: Phat ::, 9 Jan 2006.

1. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Right this is what I'm after.

I have a non voltage signal wire which I need to be able to cut, but only when a certain input is not active.

I'll explain the inputs outputs etc

0v
    Constant 12v
    Switched 12v
    Momentarty PTM Button
    Indication LED
    The signal wire mentioned above.

I want to be able to press the button when the switched 12v isn't active, pressing the button will cycle between On/Off which will be indicated by the LED, when Off (no LED) the Signal Wire should be closed. When On (Led Lit) the signal wire should be open. However, once switched 12v is active, pressing the button should have no effect. Ideally when the 12v is no longer active it should revert back to off (no LED) an addedd bonus would be for this last feature to be jumper selectable.

My electronics days are rather fuzzy now, I could probably hash the above with 12v relays, but I'm after a cleaner solution. Can anyone help me?
    Yes, its for a car enverioment, once I've had some help I'll let you know what for :D

2. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

Maybe a Flipflop with a TTL converter, for the 12v signal, on its clear would do?

3. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Or just use a CMOS J-K flip-flop so you don't have to worry about the voltages.