1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Hoplite Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 29 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

Published at 8 in the morning ! Thats dedication...

3. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

+1 :D

And I don't like the exterior at all... What's up these days? All cases have lots of ugliness in them... Where are the simple and beautiful designs?

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Because it is a GAMER CASE. I don't really know what is that intended to mean, but that is what it is, so it must be cool, no ?

Simple desings are left for Fractal Design, Corsair (Obsidian Series) and Lian Li.

PS: And Hoplite looks horrible. But at least a bit better than the horrible Antec Dark Fleet or Lanboy Air.

5. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

So...

Butt-ugly like HAF, only it doesn't have half the performance.

6. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

:(

Ugly case is ugly.

7. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

ugliest? Haf 932 amd edition in pimp red - shivers

8. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

oh, and I find it kinda silly that cases this big still exist, when pc's are getting more power efficient, trend toward more feature packed, smaller mobo's, 2.5" ssd's, even opticals are becoming redundant (Apple), so why the big cases?

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

10. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I know you're probably sick of hearing it, guys, but can we have some consistency with the scoring here? A 21/30 for cooling isn't reflective of bottom-table. There's even a note in the conclusion about the R3 being much better for cooling, but that got a 7/10, which, if my maths serves me correctly, is identical! The Bitfenix Survivor only does slightly worse, and gets a 5 - so 15/30. Maybe it might be worth coming up with a formula to apply to convert delta T to points?

11. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

"it’s relatively good looking"

lol

12. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

In his defense, he said relatively. Relative to the cardboard box, it is relatively good looking PC case. :D

13. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Why do I seem to get the impression BT are afraid of giving anything a bad score? Agreed with MaverickWill's comment.

14. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

It's one of the ugliest GAMER CASES I ever saw... And Enermax is such a nice brand, they should hire better designers/engineers

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I wish people would stop complaining about industrial styled cases, it's all these comments are full of. I like the looks of cases like these, and I think the 'stylish' cases look dull and boring. If you don't like it, don't buy it, noone cares if you do or not so STFU!

16. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

You have the right to have your opinion, and so is everyone else... respect others...

17. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Simple. Give the proper review rating and there are no more freebies for the reviewer. No press passes, either.
    It's rather obvious that Enermax doesn't actually test these things properly, or at all, before going to full production. There are hundreds of thousands of users that would be more than happy to test products like this and tell the manufacturer what they've done terribly wrong and also terribly right. Take the testing out of the hands of the button pushing CAD artists and put it in the hands of people that actually build and use custom computers. Hell, just randomly choose registered users of your products and let them test your new designs before you go into full production. You can't get much more cost effective than that!
    Make the tops of these cases completely flat for the growing number of us watercoolers. That's become the 1st thing I look at in a new case. And give us some more space behind the right side panel for the wiring that needs to go through after being routed through all those nice routing holes. Even my Corsair 700D doesn't really have enough room there. Another half inch and it would've been perfect. The same could be said of every other case.

18. anotherusername

anotherusername What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure there is much point talking about how ugly or otherwise a case is in a review - it's obvious that different people have different tastes. We can decide for ourselves how much we like it based on the pictures. Having said that, it's still worth pointing out things like materials used/paint texture etc as that doesn't always show clearly.

Another agreement from me re:MaverickWill's comment. I thought bit-tech was better than most sites for not having 50%=really poor despite claiming that it means average in score guide. I would be interested to hear how the cooling score is calculated.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2011
  19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The only case thus far that i've been able to route cables properly was the HAF series and perhaps a few Lian Li cases, but the truth the matter is, if you want proper cable routing you need an excessively wide case.

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Elysium does it well as it has a 25mm gap for a fan behine the motherboard... HAF 932 was good though, massively expanded rear pannel...

Tags: Add Tags