1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Pandora Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 23 May 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2007/05/23/enermax_pandora_case/1

When we got the Enermax Pandora in to the office, we have to admit that we weren't expecting much. Priced at just shy of £40, we suspected it would be the cheapest of the cheap, a case that would have all the build quality and features of a dead toad, rotting in the centre of the road.

:dremel:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Nice price, one thing though

240GB? Do you mean 250GB? Or did you discover a new drive?

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Seriously, wtf has Joe been smoking?
    That has to be one of the more odd analogy's I have ever seen, and people complained that bit-tech don't compare apples to apples! :p
    [/sarcasm mode off]

Anywho.. It seems ok for the price though having said that I bought my Chieftec a few years back now for £40, sure, it's a heavy beast but it's sturdy and doesn't feel like its going to break in 2 seconds.
    I've never been a fan of those spring loaded stealthed drives though they always seem like a point of failure in the design.

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

:thumb: but Joe, watch more top gear for help with analagies :p

5. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

As far as I'm aware Joe is only high on fresh air, but then that is the air in Bracknell and who knows where that's been? I'm feeling slightly deranged myself.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We *do* have a sewage works not that far away.

But then again, have you ever found a well built dead toad?

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, presumably they were fairly well built before they were squished...

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

As for getting cases out of the box, it's easy! I believe I picked this up from Bill at mnpctech, but it could have been someone else. Just turn the box upside down and use a box cutter or small Stanley Knife style knife to cut the tape. open up the flaps and flip the box over. Then all you have to do is pull the cardboard box up, leaving your case sat there, with it's packaging in pristine condition.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That looks like a genuinely good little case, I'm surprised it didn't get the BiT stamp of "Recommended" for its tremendous value.

My current favourite cheap-little-case is the Asus TM250/TM982, very often you can get one with a half-decent 400W PSU for about £50. Bargainous! (The PSU isn't a POS either, so it's all good. :D)

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You're exactly right, Mr. Krik! it should have a value award but I forgot to put one in this morning before it went live! :blush:

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Props for bothering to put your hands on it after all the high-quality cases! Nice to see every once in a while what el cheapo-cases have to offer. Not that I hadn't one in a box behind me :worried: )

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Not a bad case. You could've cleaned it before taking photos of the black side panels :) (They are fingerprint magnets, I know).

I love the way the front removable air filter comes out, very clever.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've got a couple more from Revoltec coming soon too. Hopefully come Computex we'll get some more support for cases.

14. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

perhaps also coming soon a company rename - i mean - who on earth calls a company revoltec :confused:

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Those crazy Germans I suppose :)

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Brought to you by the same company that names their PSUs, Be Quiet.

That sound like a statement to anyone else?

17. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

Thought the same thing myself earlier, as it happens I didn't like its keyboard all that much - bit plastically and light for my tastes.

18. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

well, I have an older Enermax case myself.. one of the old autopainted ones .. I must say it's a mixed bag.. I paid around $80 USD for it.. the case looks fantastic, however the sound-activated light that came with it blew not a day after i got it.. as well as the replacement i ordered... Also, the lack of documentation from Enermax got a bit annoying. And lastly, for some reason the front bezel with the headphone out jack only had a single-pin connection.. somehow that didnt strike me as normal, when my motherboard required 2-pin ..one for audio out and out for audio-return..... weird.. Did this case have a similar connection?

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lol, maybe it's a self motivational speech for the PSU. :)

20. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Sounds like a bit of Monty Python to me...

But about the case, I agree. It's very charming, and has some modding potential.

Tags: Add Tags