1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Pro 82+ 625W PSU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

How much money would such a high efficiency rating save you over the course of a year with an always on HTPC?
    Might be worth it in that respect no?

3. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

I always buy Enermex. best power supplies ive ever owned and ive owned quite a few. Also i have the liberty 620w and you said they have had alot of problems. Can you tell me what kind of problems as ive yet to see any?

Glad to see they have updated their range :)

4. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

I dont know the market completely but would assume that the price premium is also because no-one else is 82+, rather they are 80+ so enermax is taking advantage of that usp they currently have over the market, but then i might be wrong, i just havent seen any other manufacturers doing the same.

nice article though and its good to see them reliably pushing that efficiency up too.

peace

fatman

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice to see Enermax are still producing top quality PSUs. I have only ever bought Enermax PSUs and all of them have been completely reliable and are all still running to this day. :)

6. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

The efficiency gain for me would be 5.20 € / year if using 24/7 with full power. Assuming one will indeed work for the promised 45k hours (~ 5 years) the total savings would be 26 €. That's something like £20 right?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well this is the thing - I've visited other forums where people have complained about Libertys no end, but whether that's the vocal few or not I wasn't sure. However - 3 year warranty versus 5 and 7?

I've had quite a few Enermax PSUs and they've been fine but we've had at least Galaxy 1k die in the office, the rest we've reviewed and still use have been fine.

8. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

I have an Enermax Whisper II 460W in my main rig. Bought it when they first got to NewEgg (which is coming up on 2 years now I think) and it has been running like a champ since day 1. I have always stuck with Enermax and Antec.

9. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

I see what you mean but its like everything. Theres always some bad in the batch. Most of my hardware usually comes with about 3 years warranty which i dont mind much casue in three years time i will have sold it on and got a new one. But peace of mind is always nice so 5 or 7 would be good.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea but if you can sell it with 2+ years more warranty doesn't that add value? ;)

I dont think Enermax is stupid enough to charge such a high price on arrogance - it must believe the PSU is worth it, but it still needs to hold good value to make it worth buying: if it was £80, absolutely.

11. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

There was a particular Enermax model which brought their reputation down a touch, I do believe it was the Liberty. From personal experience though, Enermax has always been great - bought one of their supplies back in 2000 and it's been running 24/7 since in a little fileserver without so much as a blip.

One of the liberities did blow on me and I drove over to their UK warehouse (Milton Keynes I think) out of the blue one day, they gave me a brand new replacement within a couple of minutes. During those few minutes I had a quick look at what was new going through the place and everyone was smiling, even offered coffee. Never had such a good RMA experience (Although I know, if it hadn't broken in the first place I would have saved petrol!).

(It was a slight contrast to few hours trip to Scan for a buggered Tyan board, but that's another story)

12. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

I just switched out my Enermax Whisper II 535w after 3 years of use, and it was only out of want, not necessity. It's still strong after 24/7 use over three years and now running another system in the house. It looks like a fantastic PSU, though a bit spendy. You did a quick comparison to the PCP&C Silencer which is now cheaper, but I recall that one being over $200 US when it released.

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

From page 2...

"By controlling the whole process it’s theoretically easier to keep the quality high, costs down and try new R&D innovations by controlling the whole process."

Looks like you got half way through then got distracted (probably by Joe throwing things at you) while you were halfway through. :p

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That looks like a very decent PSU indeed - perhaps one to watch for in a special offer. That, or just defect to the awesome Corsair HX620...

Tags: Add Tags