1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Enermax unveils compact Steelwing case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Oct 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I quite like that. Problem with cases that look like that is usually the price. They're usually honkingly expensive.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The biggest problem I can see with that case is that you won't be able to see your lovely motherboard with its flashy lights and OCD cable management, because it looks like the PSU will be in the way...

4. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Jeez! What numpty put the psu in front of the motherboard (as Flippidygibit points out).

I would go with carbide air 540 where psu and other unecessary bits are hidden on the other side.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

What you people don't understand is you are supposed to mount the PSU outside from the inside. ;)

6. Stanley Tweedle

Mount psu outdoors from indoors? wouldn't that mean you'd be sitting in doorway with hands reaching outdoors to assemble?

7. Stanley Tweedle

Never mind... I was confused. I like the overall look of the case though. just not the psu position.

8. gosh

gosh Minimodder

looks lovely, although it'll be costly to match. don't understand why an SFX PSU is needed though, suppose it'd have to be vertical at the front otherwise given depth and height but as others have pointed out at least an option to put an SFX (or even a full size PSU) at rear bottom when using a mini-ITX would be nice

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Its a conspiracy I tell you, the illuminati made CableMod bribe Enermax to expose Psu cables like that:D

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I watched a Youtube presentation video on this yesterday and I hadn't noticed the PSU placement. What makes it much worse is that Enermax show it with the smallest PSU in it that I've ever seen. A reasonably sized SFX would completely cover an ITX board lol.

Also, in their video they claim the alu is sand blasted to prevent finger prints. To me it just looked like cheap casting. When you see it close up it's quite clear that it's absolutely no match for Inwin's cases.

However, if the price is keen then that might be what they are attempting. A cheap version of what Inwin made horrifically expensive.

Until the day we get completely see through PSUs though you're always going to struggle with this one. A shame really.