1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ensemble and Pandemic discuss closures

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. theflatworm

theflatworm Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

"This is a horrible vicious cycle. We burn out all our best people. We destroy these precious artists, we wreck their families and we sacrifice their youth. So they leave, and they take all their experience with them."

Bravo that man! After all the stuff with Rockstar and Activision, it's nice to see someone putting employees first, even belatedly.

3. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

About time there is someone admitting this. From what I have read and from people I know this seems to be the least fun/rewarding industry to work in.

4. blood69

blood69 What's a Dremel?

That's a major problem with developer companies this days, no just games development. I'm a program writer for 7 years now, and in every single company i worked they don't care about the complexity or the effort to develop. They just want results and fast. I'm sick of it, for two years now i am thinking in a new career and leave the programing stuff to personal things.

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Give the man (Bettner) a medal. Very rarely do we get to hear people in the industry telling it like it is.

6. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

+1

7. kovacs

kovacs What's a Dremel?

bye bye pandemic loved your mercenaries series.not in the industry myself but i think programmers are closer to artists then "normal jobs" but its an industry and the shareholders of these companies want there pound of flesh.They dont care how good a product they produce just how many units can be sold.Just look at iw's latest pile of tat 5hr single player,no dedicated servers and a price tag to make you think youve bought a ps3 game instead of a pc game kerching 1 billion dollars in the bank.This is the future

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

+1 The truth is simply something that is too hard to accept.

Tags: Add Tags