Peripherals Epson Ink Carriages (Evil)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Wavefront, 8 Aug 2008.

1. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

Hi I use Epson printers because they have the cheap cloned carriages, the problem iv had is that after using it for at a guess 10,000’ish pages. halfway though printing it stops and says that all the carriages a incompatible and it refuses to anything else other than the outrageously expensive Epson own brand, this has happened 3 now and im getting sick of having to junk a perfectly good printer and buy a new one. Is there a software/firmware hack this will let me continue to use the cheep carriages

Thanks Wavefront

PS: am I right in thinking threes an internal counter that will let me use x amount of cloned carriages before shutting down???

PPS: i forgot to say i have a D92 Inkget

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

http://www.dvd-and-media.com/cartridges_purchase.php?Model=Epson+Stylus+D92

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

They'll simply tell him to buy the official cartridges.

4. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Not only that, if you're using non-official ones, you can kiss goodbye to your warranty in addition to any hope of official support.

Buy a laserjet. You can get a full-colour one now for less than the cost of an Epson and a new set of cartridges; it will last pretty much endlessly and for high page counts the cost per page is like a tenth of your flaky inkjet.

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

This.

A colour laser can be picked up for around £100-150, depending on brand, and even though a full set of toner cartridges will cost a fair amount of money, they'll last a lot longer than a full set of inkjet cartridges.

I've got a HP Color Laserjet, and a set of toner will last me a couple of years in between replacements. It prints pictures OK enough for me, and if I need to print a photo, I've got a Canon printer that doesn't get blocked nozzles if I leave to sit unused for a couple of months.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I had a chipped epson.. had to buy a resetter- it was a little device you press against the cartridge and it reset the chip to set the ink levels back to max

think it cost like 15 bucks.. was years ago- around 2002 think.. you can probably find them on the net still.. the 6 color does awesome photo quality if you can find a good refill kit.. remember printing some picture scans that looked better than the originals after some photoshop

the problem I had with epson is the printing head was embedded with the printer and not the cartridge like hp does.. the first stylus color was awesome in the cartriges were huge- lasted quite long time.. the newer 6 color ones did photo quality, but without the resetter cost too much per print