1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Error checking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrandeP, 17 Dec 2012.

1. GrandeP

GrandeP What's a Dremel?

We've just had a bulb fly out of one of the lamps downstairs (literally) and it took the whole house down with it. Are there any checks I can make to ensure that the PC I was using at the time is still tickety boo?

I'm using it at the moment and doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it although this isn't the first time that lamp has caused trouble, and I don't have a UPS or surge socket so I think now is the best time to check everything over (hardware & data specifically). :jawdrop:

2. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

It would help to have your OS for a question like that (the data part), most likely if your using the computer it is should be ok. I would suggest you get a surge protector to make sure it doesn't kill your computer in the future.

3. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Also lose the lamp, one day you may not be so lucky, and I 'm not just talking about losing a computer but say you leave the lamp on when you go out or fall asleep. Sounds like a fire waiting to happen.

4. GrandeP

GrandeP What's a Dremel?

The OS is Windows 7. I'll have to persuade the father to change the lamp or get the circuit looked at if it turns out to be circuit and not the lamp (he's a very "that'll do" person).

A surge protector is now on my list of Christmas presents to myself. :geek: