1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Discussion in 'General' started by JADS, 19 May 2004.

1. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Well this is a movie you will either think is fantastic or awful, fortunately I fit into the former :) Top acting and top script make for a great film.

I suspect people might be put off by Jim Carrey in one of the lead roles mistakenly assuming it is another "Carrey movie". In fact this movie is rarely funny (although when it is you'll smile), but is always gripping. There are numerous messages in this film and it is all the better if more confusing for it.

Just remember if you're expecting laughs, explosions or lots of things to happen you'll be dissapointed. This movie is a bizarre, slow burner and you have to follow it along. The result is well worth it :)

"How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot!
    The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
    Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."

2. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

Tom and I went to see this and i thought it was a good movie but took some getting used to!It was strange Jim Carrey being quite serious . Had the urge not to shout out "Frodo" everytime elijah wood came on the screen!! :D

3. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i agree with you on this one JADS, but it was odd to see carey in such a serious film!

deffo one for dvd :D

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Very disappointing film. Direction and acting was good, but the script was crap really. The characterisation was pretty cursory, and never felt like I really gave a toss about either of the main characters. Also, plot wise it was signposted with big **** off clues all the way through... so yeah, he's no idea why his car has a dent in it, HINT HINT. Her hair changes colour a lot, NOTE IT'S COLOUR IN FLASHBACKS DEAR VIEWERS.

5. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

The trailers of the movie totally put me off the movie. And the title. I meant WTF ? Who gives a movie a name with every letter in the english language. So I wont comment on the quality of the movie.

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Be safe in the knowledge that the trailer has no relation to the actual film. Looks silly and 'kooky' but it's nowt of the sort. Unfortunately.