1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases EVGA Hadron Hydro - thoughts with w/c loop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trig, 21 Aug 2015.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

has anyone seen this? apparently has an integrated 500 watt gold psu included. I know they are typically garbage, but seems to be highly rated. add on the water cooling kit from evga (which I read wasn't too difficult to install despite all the eggheads whining). the main thing that concerns me is the slim slot load dvd...evga apparently made one, but doesn't seem to be anywhere now...and ones I do find seem to be pretty pricey. any of you water cooling vets see a major problem with the w/c kit? this would be my first mini type build, so thoughts on the case would be appreciated.

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

The 500W that they include is actually very decent, and can cope with any single GPU on the market with ease. ;)

That WC loop looks cheap to me, and you could definitely do better.

3. trig

yeah, after reading a bit more, the tubes would hafta go...the rad looks...cheap...but what can you do for close to that price? and know it was compatible?

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Anything is as long as you plan and are able to place things in your mind before buying. :)

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I found the whole Hadron case to be pretty cheap, with poor build quality to match and not nearly as good looks as the pictures make out. Just so you know, you are likely to pay a premium price for a mid range case.

6. trig

yeah, I guess I'm out...that wc kit just isn't selling me...and evga already quit selling the optical