1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVGA unveils Pro SLI Bridge v2 family

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Apr 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

"Second-veneration"? :)

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Hmm, not sure if I prefer the look or not. I mean it doesn't look bad, but the first ones were just a bit simpler. If they keep both going at the same time that would be pretty good. This one has a sort of car-like look to me, which is pretty interesting, but it's also a bit chunky.

I know these fancy SLI bridges are pointless feature wise, but they do make things look rather good. They also present some nice little modding opportunities, which is appreciated.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Given the positive response to the original and the definition of 'venerate,' I could argue that was deliberate... But I won't. Fixed, ta!

5. Deders

Deders Modder

"The design has been tweaked for high pixel-clock cards, promising support for resolutions of 4K and upwards and refresh rates of 120Hz and more without signal degradation, while the aluminium shroud has been designed to minimise interference"

Was this ever an issue? Surely it's a digital connection.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

They just needed a "reason" to do it. Same deal with architects explaining why they made a particular design choice "Oh yes I wanted the juxtaposition of thematic elements to represent the divisions in our social culture and how they can coalesce to become a more synergistic whole." aka "Yeah I wanted that bit to be brick and that bit plaster because it looks nice". We all love a bit of post rationalisation.

Just as a little disclaimer before I get roasted by the inevitable architects here, that isn't to say they all do it, but you'd be hard pressed to say it doesn't happen,. My brother's studying architecture atm and they're practically forced into thinking that way by some of the tutors. I guess it's to help sell their designs to people, whether the rhetoric has any basis or not.

It would be nice if more companies just came out and said that they redesigned something because they wanted to and thought it looks better (which equates to likely to sell more). Schiit Audio has sort of taken this approach, it's quite refreshing.

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

This is so not to lose sales to Asus. Still prefer the Asus looks though

8. Georgecaldwell

Georgecaldwell What's a Dremel?

Who cares how they look as long as they help remedy scaling problems. But they do look a bit ridiculous. I bet they are overpriced too.

9. Georgecaldwell

Georgecaldwell What's a Dremel?

Oh nevermind! After reading reviews they do nothing to help with scaling! It is just cosmetic. Do people really buy crap like this?