1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals External Blu-ray drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deathtaker27, 26 Dec 2019.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 #noob

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a good external Blu-ray drive to use with makemkv (bonus if the drive also works under linux without having to mess around loads!)

Thanks

2. BA_13

BA_13 Active Member

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply I've been away from home.

I'll have to check this evening / tomorrow morning but I'll let you know the drive I used to use to watch Blu-rays on my Macbook and then rip them on this PC (used as a 2nd drive), worked perfectly every time. I think It's most likely an old Asus one.

deathtaker27 likes this.
  3. BA_13

BA_13 Active Member

OKay the drive I have is actually a samsung SE-506 nut looking it up on the interent there appears to be a lack of current support for it, as such I'm not sure it is quite what you are looking for.

4. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

Trying to remember what I've done with my bluray writer - a slimline Silverstone slot loading model..SB02 or something.

it's probably buried in a box in the garage, half the stuff in there hasn't been touched since we moved house 18 months ago.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 #noob

thanks @BA_13 I can see it's discontinued :(

@David if you find it and want to sell it see my thread in the market place :)