1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals External Blu-ray drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deathtaker27, 26 Dec 2019.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a good external Blu-ray drive to use with makemkv (bonus if the drive also works under linux without having to mess around loads!)

Thanks

2. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply I've been away from home.

I'll have to check this evening / tomorrow morning but I'll let you know the drive I used to use to watch Blu-rays on my Macbook and then rip them on this PC (used as a 2nd drive), worked perfectly every time. I think It's most likely an old Asus one.

deathtaker27 likes this.
  3. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

OKay the drive I have is actually a samsung SE-506 nut looking it up on the interent there appears to be a lack of current support for it, as such I'm not sure it is quite what you are looking for.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Trying to remember what I've done with my bluray writer - a slimline Silverstone slot loading model..SB02 or something.

it's probably buried in a box in the garage, half the stuff in there hasn't been touched since we moved house 18 months ago.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

thanks @BA_13 I can see it's discontinued :(

@David if you find it and want to sell it see my thread in the market place :)