1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fabricating the Bezel

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SteakTheMooCow, 10 Jul 2005.

1. SteakTheMooCow

SteakTheMooCow What's a Dremel?

I was wondering how I'd go about making a bezel from scratch?

Measurements aren't important btw :p Just as a general outline maybe...

I've had wood suggested to me, so maybe wood.

I have a 395 Dremel Multipro and a Drill, but not much else (oh wait, a circular saw and a chainsaw... and I think a hacksaw...)

Any suggestions are appreciated XD

:dremel: :dremel:

2. Liquid Steele

Liquid Steele What's a Dremel?

I have done some pretty extensive reading on this matter and here is what I got. You can use wood but be prepared for a rough looking face, if that is the intended effect the you are good to go, but if you want a smoother more professional look try using Forex ( Forex is a type of extruded or foam PVC), another option is Polythylene this is a dense material and extremely sturdy material both are paintable and cut with regular woodworking tools, google US plastics and look around it will give you a brief description of the materials and if you have more questions you can ask here or call them they are pretty helpful. :dremel:

3. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Making the bezel isnt hard you just need to measure everything 30 times then cut 10 HEHEHE. YOU could use like liquid said polythlene. It really depends on what the look of the case is. IF it will look any good with wood then it is easily possible to make it look good but you have to take your time with it.

4. Phaeton

Phaeton What's a Dremel?

Depending on the wood that you use, it is possible to achieve a nice finished looked, it just takes some work. There are many material options for making a bezel (some just look better than others).