1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Fallout 3 Interview: Pete Hines

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Aug 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Great Article, thanks :D

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Nice Interview, I'm glad you asked the questions about the 360 version.

Is there a reason that the PS3 will never get the expansions?

4. Queelis

Queelis What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to that sooo much, by then hopefully I'll have bought a new machine and a 4850 will be enough to run it. God, it's been a P166 since my first play of Fallout.

5. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

the levelling sounds better, i couldnt stand the whole world changing in oblivion.. never played another fallout game tho, the same as id never played anyother elder scrolls game so it'll all be new to me

6. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Great article as ever Joe :D

Every time i read an article about FO3, i see the designers comparing it to Oblivion. And every time i see that, it makes me think that even them aren't so convinced that it is not Oblivion.

From the first time i saw something abaout FO3 i thought to myself Beth was only finding excuses to do it first person. Iso view would give u a beeter knowledge to your surroundings.. anyway... This reminds me of an BT article saying that the FO3 producer was disapointed with Diablo 3 http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/07/03/fallout-3-producer-disappointed-by-diablo-3/1
    Almost a statement of "well we were wrong. Isometric stuff can be fun too"

hmm looks like they are more interested in NEW players than to keep old ones. Not that i played this preview, but i am sure many hardcore FO FANS feel the same.

Even with all that said, the game look like it will be great fun. I really hope Beth do a job comparable to the previous FOs. I am open minded to this game (and open heart too).

7. Sublym3

Sublym3 What's a Dremel?

Good Article.

I think they have balance the old with the new quite well and i will definitly buy it. I think going to FPS was a good idea and you cant really compare Diablo with FO.

But like most people i am worried about it being too much like Oblivion.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

MS, dummy (j/k btw). They have cash and Bethesda is willing to take it (at a cost) to keep it console-exclusive....that's how it works man (i.e. GTA IV)....

9. devdevil85

That is a very biased/misinformed statement. If these guys are techies (which we know are) then they should know that the PS3's HDD is just as easy to install as 360's. You of course need a mini flathead if you don't have nails to pop off the cover and then you need a mini phillips to unscrew the HDD. After that it's just plug-n-play; with no need to carry around a PS3. That isn't asking that much for the convenience of not having to carry around the console.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

you have to factor in availability of the base machines though. 360s are cheap and easy to get hold of and you can then pop a hard drive on them. PS3s are more expensive, larger and sometimes harder to find if you want to get hold of twenty of them at two days notice for a press event in a hotel. Most PR agencies will just have a bunch of them, plus the local Microsoft PR group will help you out - Sony aren't as eager to help from what I've heard as they don't view it as important to them to support developers in this way.

Regardless of the truth in it, the reality is that for every single multiplatform game I go to preview they always run the console version on an Xbox 360 and there are never any PS3s in sight.

11. devdevil85

So they use base machines? Then I guess the "cheap" would factor in. I also didn't know Sony wouldn't be eager to help out a AAA title from Bethesda. With that said, it makes sense to use 360's, but it's just the whole "HDD being so easy to install/uninstall" that got me, that's all.

Tags: Add Tags