1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fanbus

Discussion in 'Modding' started by korhojoa, 4 Apr 2004.

1. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

Yay, finally, one mod. Or atleast something. I made a fanbus, and it can switch between none, five, seven and twelve volts.
    [​IMG]
    The thing in action (yes, i know that it's ugly and disgusting, but it works)
    [​IMG]
    The relay that was used (yes, my fingers are dirty.)
    [​IMG]
    Circuit diagram, replace the voltmeter with fans.
    [​IMG]
    My lurvely molex wiring, which i by the way wired up wrong. the wrong molex at the wrong end, so i made a converter for the plugs.
    [​IMG]
    Back
    [​IMG]
    Front
    [​IMG]
    Attached to computer front

Any comments are welcome

2. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

Its simple. Nothing particularly wrong with that, although some people might respond with some derogatory remarks. But, theres nothing quite like doing it yourself.

3. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

True, this is the first electronic thing that i've made myself, and i'm very glad it passed the requirements (eg. no smoke, no shorts and no sudden reboots of the computer).

So i'm satisfied.
    By the way, what does "derogatory" mean?

4. TMM

TMM Modder

Nice job. i prefer a mix of functional over looks :p plus homemade fan controllers are more l33t.

when i made my fan bus it went up in smoke the first time and i even managed to fry switches (WTF?!) THe next time i used heatshrink on everything and it works wonders now.
    i wired some Leds into mine so you can see if its running 12v or 7v (5v is not even worth it IMO with an overclocked rig) without looking at the position of the switch, its green at 7v and red at 12v ;)