1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fanless ATX PSU

Discussion in 'Modding' started by iSteve, 16 Feb 2003.

1. iSteve

iSteve What's a Dremel?

Around a year ago, I've saw a link on a german/austrian company making PSU's even fanless - AT, ATX and combo. (And you could also order psu with parameters you want). Anybody have link on it ? Or any other fanless PSU, around 100W would be more than enough.

2. iSteve

iSteve What's a Dremel?

Nobody knows ?:(

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

How big here the Heatsink i assum they'd have too be quite large as PSUs produce quite a lot of heat well all mine do, "maybe im buying ppo PSUs" anyway if you want a weak ass psu try the www.miniitx.com they do the 55w ITX ones and i'll look around for the this shuttle site i found that sell spare Shuttle PSUs whcihare 185w and are silent running. If this is useless feel free to slap me im not feeling 100%

4. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

i ran my enermax 365w psu without a fan for 3 mths whilst it was out of my case - no probs except i managed to electrocute myself quite painfully one day due to no cover on the psu ... :eek:

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I remember a fanless atx psu a while back cant remember where I saw it either sorry :(

What are you wanting to run off the psu as the 55watter maybe enough?

6. fedgers

fedgers What's a Dremel?

I got one of those much talked about 1U 300watt fanless ATX PSUs from TK Power. Very expensive though and had to import it from the US. All in all set me back 200 quid. You sure you want it that bad? (And it still needs a small fan :grr: )

You are right though, there was a German supplier that sold fanless ATX PSUs but it seems to have disappeared. It's not all doom and gloom though! This seems to be quite usefull...
    http://www.seanm.ca/eden/psu.html

Let us know how the hunt goes, you got a hifi project on the go by any chance?

-- Geoff.

7. Spoonman

Spoonman What's a Dremel?

8. iSteve

iSteve What's a Dremel?

Normal sized ATX psu's (except for those that were AT/ATX)

The review seems to be promising, but the site I remember ... had dark colors, menu on top ... ... :)

9. iSteve

iSteve What's a Dremel?

Hell damn, 220 euros, that's bad :(