1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding FAO; Macroman or other electronics doods .......

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SuperScrubber, 9 Dec 2001.

1. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

I'm in the process of making a fan control circuit and just wanted to make sure I've got all the right bits, this is what I'm working from;

[​IMG]

........BUT the article is in german so I just wanted to make sure it would work and that there isnt anything I should be aware of that might have been mentioned in the text..........
    Cheers guys ..........

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I'd use this variation:

[​IMG]

Gives about 6.5v to 10/10.5v (which is as much as you'll get from a normal linear regulator)

If you want some English text, look here :D

Last edited: 10 Dec 2001
  3. macroman

macroman The One

4. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Cheers for the help guys, I already had most of the parts otherwise I would have probably done the pwm way, just wanted to make sure I was not making some huge mistake as I dont really know too much about electronics to say the least !!
    Cheers
    Ed

5. linear

linear Minimodder

For clarity here, The most you can get from a linear regulator is the supply voltage - the dropout voltage, wich for the typical case mod scenario is 12V - 1.5V = 10.5 V or thereabouts, it varies a bit under load.

If you could contrive a way to supply more source voltage, or use a regulator with a smaller dropout, you can get better than 10.5V, it's not a magic number.

I tend to use cpemma's design myself, because I like limiting the lower end.