1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Farcry

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sc0rian, 24 Mar 2004.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Come on who has it?

I got it, n got to say. GREAT!

2. orb

orb satisfying.

Yep, hopefully ill have enough money by thursday/friday/saturday if my parents are nice, played the demo 223 times!

3. pr3zlen4

pr3zlen4 What's a Dremel?

Had it for a week :D (don't ask :worried: ). Suh-weet! Mad props for this game. I'm going to test out its LAN features and go buy it sometime next week, well worth it!

4. orb

orb satisfying.

I did just say "buy", but hopefully i wont get into trouble. /me looks at his donkey

5. quack

quack Minimodder

I've got it, slowly working my way through it... the eye candy is pretty impressive. Still waiting on HL2 to blow away all the competition though.

6. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

I only just noticed the cool ragdoll physics in this game today. I shot a couple of clips into some mercs and admired how real it all looked.
    [​IMG]
    You gotta love the water fx in this game, you gotta love the physics, you gotta love the not scripted AI, you gotta love the spectacular lighting effects you gotta love the long view distance and humongous jungles. You gotta love this game! :)
    Edit: removed some pics.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2004
  7. orb

orb satisfying.

Wow, nice shots, now i cant wait for this game, can you post lots of more screenies :jawdrop:

8. quack

quack Minimodder

Yeah, the water effects were one of the main things that drew my attention in the demo. Especially when you're underwater looking up. Looks bloody fantastic!

9. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

[​IMG]
    I have plenty of screenshots of the scenery in Farcry. I just took em as i went along.
    I tell you farcry has a really cool plot to it, and it gets very creepy at one point. i'm not going to post any pictures of the scary things, cause that might kinda give aways part of the plot. :) This game is fantastic! ;)

10. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

NOOO, i was so disapointed when it turned into some kind of monster hunt :(
    much more fun shooting merceneries :(

11. orb

orb satisfying.

what are you specs djgizmo.

And post more pictres, lots lots lots more :D

12. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

iam going to buy it next week (DVD) after checking the multiplayer demo and a couple of reviews

hopefully i will have enough money then

25+18+15=€58
    58-10=€48 (€10 is for my sisters birthday)

so i have €48 i could spend and i will get 10% off with a bonus card kind of thing

so if iam right ill get it for €45 or less

yay i will have €3 spare

oh and does it have a performence gain over the demo's?

13. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Specs: XP2000@2200, softmodded 9800SE@PRO, gig of pc2700, fortissimo soundcard.
    I have most graphics settings either set to high or medium. I have 2X FSAA and 8X anisotropic filtering enabled.
    It runs pretty good, but it tends to slow down a bit when i'm indoors with all these fancy lighting effects and steam and when i have my flashlight on too. Lots of fancy effects that my system needs to calculate. It's quite playable though.

14. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

not sure about performance (both run smoothly on mine) but it looks better than the demos :D
    tweaked some of the effects i think :)
    edit: btw my specs:
    2500@3200
    1gig of ddr400 (far cry uses at least 500mb :eek:)
    9800np @440/310 ish
    all settings at high or very high, 1152x864 res :)
    runs perfectly well, except when lots of rockets start flying :eeek:

15. orb

orb satisfying.

Oooooooooooooooooh, beutiful, i want more screenys, the reason why is i keep forgetting what it looks like, so i need lots of screenys, and while i wait to get money for it. :D

16. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Great game, I think the main reason i like it is firstly is something that attualy tests my hardware and secondly its got a good balance between the stealth, tactics, stratigy side of things with the run around shooting people kind of thing.

The story line is ok but not great (great = rtcw :thumb: ) ofcourse gfx are excellent sand attualy portray real life unlike doom for example wich is very cartoon like

Hopefully i can complete it 2morrow

17. curme

curme Minimodder

I have a decent system (2 gig AMD, 1 gig corsair, 9800xt) but it was still running choppy. I checked the Far Cry forums and they said to install the DirectX that came with the cd, even if you have DirectX 9 already. I tried it and it has been smooth sailing, with everything on high. Beautiful and fun game. Haven't tried the multiplayer, not really interested, and I've heard they have had lots of problems. And the only multiplay I really play is Raven Shield. But like I said in another post, my only minor complaint is that there is no quick-save. At least I didn't have to uninstall my DVD-burning software to get it to work (looking at you Splinter Cel 2 ). :nono: And I haven't really played that much of Splinter Cel 2 (so far it seems just like the first, nothing really new or special) Far Cry has sucked me in! Oh yeah, the first patch is out for Far Cry in case anyone is interested.

18. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

yep I got it to...On bunker mission. Kinda stuck just after he gives u a message saying to open the cages *cough* help?

19. Vixen

Vixen What's a Dremel?

This arrived through the door this morning and much to my boyfriends upset he has had to make do with playing on his shuttle (with a 9500pro) until tomorrow night.
    Watched him play it for a little while, but he got annoyed pretty quickly as the graphics were laggy in combat. It's VERY VERY pretty!! The water effects are amazing. Also, there was one point when the AI were driving a jeep thing and following him offroad - they got stuck initially but then got round a tree and managed to drive around off the main track, which was very cool!

20. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

lol, i got FarCry first, played it about 3/4 of the way through then got Splinter Cell2 and have nearly finished it
    may not be anything new or special but it didnt need to be, just needed to be as good as Splinter Cell 1, and imo it is

Tags: