1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling fastest 120mm fan? (UK)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fullfat, 11 Feb 2006.

1. andyl33t

andyl33t What's a Dremel?

yeah, i have one of those and it sooo loud!! like half the noise a hoover makes!

2. TMM

TMM Modder

120mm Delta GHE. The biggest baddest fan ever :p. 220CFM 65dba. I'm getting one for my XP-120 :D

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

your not suposed to subject ur ears to over 60dba for more than an hour at a time and definately not on a particually regualr basis....enjoy your hearing aid.

4. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

Well hopefully he doesn't have his ear next to the fan at all times. Both distance and the computer case will reduce the ammount of sound he'll be hearing.

The energy (of the sound) diminishes inversely squared to the distance if I remember correctly.

5. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Says who? My sub runs at 140dba and I run it for houirs at 80-90 no problem. I think you're wrong.

6. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! MY COMPUTER IS ON! BUT AT LEAST MY SPEAKERS SOUND SPIFF! :D TBH, I think that these fans are all amazing at 12v, but imagine them at 7v or 5v! :jawdrop: Noise and airflow specs like normal fans at 12v- Oh wait. :blush:

TBH, the links to these ridiculous fans are funny, but I think fullfat really should just find a 120 that pushes more air than his current one, and run it on some kind of rheostat. Thermaltake makes a nice 120 that has a temp sensor and a PCI slot rheostat. I just shoved the rheostat into my floppy bay. :D

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Then again, his temps are perfectly fine as they are so perhaps he doesn't need to do anything. ;)

8. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

yeah, i dont think im gonna bother with the blood running from ears just yet. i wasnt aware that the temps i was getting were fair tbh

Tags: