1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Final Shots - "It's not a computer Mum" Media Player PC - Left in Japan - 20th March

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by weeman1985, 4 Mar 2011.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Dragonite, probably isn't the place for that rant.
    Glad to hear you're ok, this project means very little in the end considering what's been happening recently.

2. weeman1985

weeman1985 What's a Dremel?

I have to say reading this on the project log really made me smile. Personally I have no problem with any conversation on the log, I really do like knowing what people are thinking. It's one of the best ways to learn and improve yourself. I only wish that the people where I am (which is only affected by food shortage and lack of fuel, we have electricity and water) stop acting like nothing is happening and actually do something active to help, even if it is just a conversation. Some schools are leaving lights and heating on as if electricity was something to pluck out of thin air.

On a more serious note, I disagree (in part) with saying that praying is a waste of time. If praying gives an individual self relief then there is always a chance that will spur them on to do something positive, which is a good thing. This is coming from an atheist by the way (that's the part). Remember, positive thinking is never a bad thing. Some people believe, and who are we to question what they do, as long as it results in them helping?

I will get a picture of the abandoned project before I leave, it has had an update, and we can let it be... And yes, there is a bigger project in the works, ain't no l3p d3sk but will do what I want :thumb:

3. weeman1985

weeman1985 What's a Dremel?

The Final Shots

Due to the hasty departure from Japan, the project had to be left behind. By the end I had painted the mounting frame and fixed the iPod dock and speakers. The screen had been fully light sealed and black electrical tape fixed around the metal edges of the screen to keep the colour flow when all was switched off. It was difficult to leave this behind, and I will be sure that the next project is built to impress. Here are the final shots. RIP

[​IMG]

The speaker setup. They were fixed with super strong double sided tape and with an electrical tape wrap around two screws fixed either side of the speaker. There was no vibration even on full volume.

[​IMG]

All together. Painted wood makes a lot of difference to how things look. It’s good to know this now as the next project will be mostly wood, and being able to visualise what the final product will look like is very useful.

Thanks for all the advice and support that has been given throughout this log and be sure to follow the next. :thumb: