1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Firefox and Popups option

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blassster, 3 Oct 2006.

1. Blassster

Blassster What's a Dremel?

Hello. I'm having trouble keeping the "block popup windows" setting to stay ON everytime I close firefox. I don't even know when this started to happen, but everytime I close FF this setting gets disabled automatically, and when I open FF I have to manually enable it. I haven't installed any new extensions or anything like that lately. I even tried disabling the "recent" ones I got a month ago, but the problem didn't even start back then so it didn't do anything anyway. I just reinstalled FF and no luck, it still disables itself. Is there some kind of registry setting I can change to keep it on?

Thankyou.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sounds like somethings annoyed your Firefox installation. Uninstall it and reinstall it.

3. Blassster

Blassster What's a Dremel?

Fixed it.

I have McAfee 2007 installed, and it had a setting somewhere within it's program to take care of popups using McAfee itself. I disabled it. There's also a setting I found in user.js (which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\BLAHBLAH.default) which was set to "user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", true); // Popupblocker control handled by McAfee Privacy Service". This comment was telling me that McAfee was taking over and ruining it. McAfee 2007's popup blocker sucks compared to the built in one in Firefox (duh), because it wasn't blocking everything.

Tags: