1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Firefox to block ad trackers by default

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 31 Aug 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Assuming the websites visited still work correctly with this feature enabled, then this can only be a good thing.

3. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I turned tracking protection on in Firefox as soon as this feature was added to the browser. I've almost forgotten since then, how my shopping history would follow me across the internet before this was available. Completely agree with l3v1ck - enabling it by default can only be a good thing.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
  4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I understand the need for advertising , but tracking is a big no no.

What I hate the most is clicking on a website and then being locked in and only being able to get back out of a site is to spam the back button, sites that use that trick should be banned.

Ps I don't even like firefox as its been the most crashy buggy browser I have ever used, but am tempted to try it again if this works.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My main issue with firefox is that it seemed slow when I last used it and the dev tools aren't as good as chromes. Maybe I'll give it another go when this is implemented.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Pro-tip: Right-click on the Back button, and you can skip over the redirects that try to lock you in.

Big Elf and MLyons like this.
  7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Cool thank you for that.

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I tried FF the other day, seemed at least as snappy as Opera - though this is on a 3mbps connection so may not be the best test.

9. jb0

jb0 Minimodder

Hey, Firefox. Remember when you first launched, how you took all the cookie controls out because they were needless clutter, at the same time that real Mozilla users were trying to warn people about tracking cookies? Yeah, you kneecapped attempts to do something, and this situation is your own damn fault.

Tags: Add Tags