1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First computer mod (Need more suggestions on how to complete)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sea Shadow, 16 Jan 2004.

1. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

Greetings,

A person was kind enough to show me these forums and it got me started on the idea of modding my comp (most of my time before now was spent playing with simple circuts that were rather destructive). I have a basic knowledge of electronics and am currently starting on my first mod for my computer. I just have an idea, but I have every intention of completing as soon as I can work out how to get it all to work. My idea thus far is to build a device similar to the graphical part of the equalizer on a home stereo that just shows the siganls coming off of the source and is displayed in several bands of the frequency. I want to make a grid of led's that is 3 in by 3 in and 1/2 in in depth (hopefully the entire unit will be 3"x4"x1/2" with all components). I have gotten some help on how to achieve the grid of led but I could use some advice on how to get it to interface with my sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum) through the use of the speaker jacks and still allow the signal to go to the speakers undistorted. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how this can be done.