1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First PC Mod project - FINISHED W/ PICS!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DJMyst, 18 Oct 2002.

1. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I had a thread in modding about dremeling out the fan holes on this frame, but now this is a project in progess to be completed over the weekend. :D:D:D

Started with this............

[​IMG]

Then had this.............

[​IMG]

Chopped them both.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and came up with this.........

[​IMG]

Watch this space b/c soon to follow will be a dark blue metallic paint job and the sides and top, while the front bezel and feet will be vinyl dyed black, along with the drives. There will also be a tri-color SunBeam cathode installed as well. :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited: 28 Oct 2002
  2. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Ah yes, I recall that thread, you've done a good job on it thus far, and the paint job sounds cool. So, good luck dude!

Also, is that green plexi...? or is that just the coating? Cuz a green plexi window with the black, and blue would look very sweet. Get modding, I wanna see this thing turn out :D

Hooray so much modding for Myst. Also the tri-color cathodes come in green, red, and blue correct? Or are there others... And if so, what combo you getting?

Anywayz, sounds promising, hope ot see mroe soon.

3. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

The green coating is just protective plastic over the Lexan. I made sure of that before I got it :D:D:D Yes, the tri-color cathode is red, blue, and green. Should be here tomm!! I've got this one(which is my personal PC, the other mini P4 2GHz, another one for a friend, and I've still got to finish my brother's for X-Mas, and finish my 1GHz T'Bird also. So much modding to do and PC's to build, so little time. :D:D:D:D

not to mention my house looks like a PC repair shop with stuff scattered EVERYWHERE!!!

4. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

WOOHOO!!!! Tri-Color CCFL came in today!!! I should have this project completed by Monday so stay tuned for pics!!

5. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Sounds cool, yeah, you have quite a bit of work ahead of you.. Have fun dude.

Also, my room looks like someone blew up a few computers in my room too......

6. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Oh there's nothing in my room, it's all over my kitchen/computer area and living room. Of course I have a friend that thinks he can leave alll of his stuff at my house too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I gotta put a stop to that.

7. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

I'm living with my parents, and they refuse to have the computers bits elsewhere, and I'm outta room in my room to put them....

Unless of course I forsake my bed, but my desk chair isn't quite comfortable to sleep in, at least not for a longer period than an hour........

8. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

That's one of the main reasons I live alone and love it. I can do whatever I want to and whenever. Freedom is a wonderful thing. :D:D:D:D:D

9. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Lookie what I got today!!!

[​IMG]

Here's a test of how it's gonna look. I've still got the painting and window to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all I gotta do is get me the new Lux Design v3 Rheobus and mod it to have different colored LEDs and the front will have some color too. :D:D:D:D

10. belier

belier What's a Dremel?

11. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Dude, cool. Looking sweet.

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::

12. kenrippy

kenrippy What's a Dremel?

yes, very nice indeed

13. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Ohhhhh Nekked PC!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

Sides and top ready to be primed

[​IMG]

Sides and top primed and front bezel vinyl dyed black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SO far everything is coming along nicely. I should hope fully have most of the base coat down on the sides and top, and the front bezel needs one more coat to be done. I changed my mind and the drives, case feet, and buttons on the front bezel are going to be silver. That'll be a nice contrast for the front. Stay tuned as this project gets completed in the next few days!!! :D:D:D

14. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

OMG OGM FAP FAP NAKED HOT HOT WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW CUMINYOURPANTS PICS!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist......

Now on to the intelligeent part of my post....

The apinting is lloking goos, and the silver will very cool indeed. Are you still going withte blue metallic on the sides?

Nice work anywayz, cheers :clap:

15. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Oh yeah I'm still doing the sides dark metallic blue. I've got the first couple of coats on and it looks ok, but I've still gotta get about 3-4 more coats of blue and then wet-sand it b4 I do the clear coat. I'm gettin the silver vinyl dye tonight or tomm for the buttons and drive faces so I should have it done by next weeekend. :D

16. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

here are the little vinyl pieces that were that ugly beige color.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well i just had to fix all that............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and those combined with the black bezel gave me this...........

[​IMG]

17. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

and FINALLY the finished project. the first is a closeup shot of the paint color so you can see the metallic in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So lemme know what ya think. Love it, hate it, whatever. I think it turned out pretty good for my first total PC job. :clap: :clap: :clap:

18. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

I'm loving that large!

:clap::clap:

That is really cool looking with the blue, black and silver, I love that blue! (course I like blue :p)

The Tri-tube is mighty nice looking in there, creates a beautiful glow, it lights up your cards nicely, then shines off the steel wire grills, giving a cool glow amidst the darkness of the upper window area.

Nice work there, although personally, I don't particularly care for the silver flap bit a the bottom on the front, I would have done it black, but it's still done well, so cheers on that. Also is the blue light in some areas or is that just the lighting reflecting of the shinyness of it? I'm thinking just reflecting since the light areas don't match from picture to picture.

Good work, you should be proud. Keep it up.

:rock:

19. bello

bello What's a Dremel?

looks good man :clap:

however, i think you are lacking light at the top of the case. your expansion cards are blocking most the light before it reaches the area of your CPU. you have a few options on getting light up there.. move the cathode, another cathode, LED fans.. unlimited posibilities.. and s***, if you like it the way it is.. still looks good :)

20. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Great case...
    The lack of light is probably all because of the graphics card that obstructs the light from glowing any higher. Same thing in my case. I'm thinking of a glowing cpu fan that should handle some of the light-lackage. Might be cool inside your case as well:)