1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice First time gaming rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thesickness, 16 Apr 2011.

1. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

My attitude reflects my belief that readers should be informed of the truth and all the facts so they can make the best decision for themselves. My personal opinions about aftermarket coolers and overclocking have nothing whatsoever to do with this.

I do, however, have the personal opinion that being honest is important - ESPECIALLY when providing technical advice to others seeking it. And therefore, IF a user decides to overclock or use aftermarket coolers, after they know all the facts, then that's fine. As I said before, I will even help them with it. But I will not condone or encourage someone else to jeopardize their warranties and their bank accounts by suggesting it is okay with no consequences (even if remote), or "they will never find out". :(

For the record, I may be new here, but I am not, by any means, new to forums, computers, or warranty concerns.

As for this forum, it is naive to think users here came here seeking overclocking or 3rd party fan support. Most users came here the first time because, like me, because Google sent them here. They may stay for that advice, and again, that is fine. But is it not fine to assume someone with 2 posts is here to learn anything, except what they themselves say in their posts. Maybe most "regulars" here OC and use aftermarket coolers, but you cannot and should not assume "almost everyone" does - especially for brand new posters.

Now for the record, I did not join this thread to start an argument or to express my opinion, but to inform the OP of the facts - as clearly written in their Warranties - but which most people do not read.

Again, then I am done here, as long as users know and understand the consequences of violating the terms of their warranties and EULAs, they can do what they want, as long as it is not illegal.

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Oh get over yourself. What, you think it's wrong to encourage someone to over clock because of the terrible consequences to world peace? What a tortured world you live in.

3. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

What's with this misrepresenting and twisting of words around into something that was NEVER said?

How many times do I have to say, my goal is to inform users of the facts? I never ever said it was wrong to OC. What is wrong, however, is to mislead readers by either dismissing the facts or ignoring the facts, or worse yet, advising readers to deceive because they will not be caught.

It is not I that has blown this out of proportion. I would have been happy to leave it at post #7. It is you folks having the cows.

Now I am done with this. If you don't like what IS written in the Intel or AMD warranties, complain to them. Not me.

Good day.

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Tbh if we had left it at that the OP could have come away with a drastically negative view of overclocking thats not proportional to the risks involved.

Back on topic, what is the current build? Still no SSD?

5. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

Oh yeah, because the following is so drastically negative. :duh:

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

:duh:

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Hey thesickness, you resident in the UK?

If you are then free weekday delivery is to be had for those that have 20 posts on Bit-Tech, so lets us know your thoughts on the build this far!