1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First Time Modding...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lasoaaro, 10 Aug 2004.

1. lasoaaro

lasoaaro What's a Dremel?

Well, This Is My First Time To Ever Mod My Computer So I Was Hoping I Could Ask All Of You For Some Tips, Advice...Etc.
    I Was Interested In Installing A Side Window On My Computer 'Cause The Case I Have Now Doesn't Have One. Rather Then Me Going Out And Buying The Kit I'd Rather Do It All Myself, I Like To Do Things The Harder Way, As Well, They Don't Have The Design I'm Looking For.... I Was Wondering What Tools Would Best Help Me Here And What Are Some Materials I Could Use For My Side Window. Well If You Could All Help Me Out Here, It Would Be Greatly Appriciated...

Thanks Alot

~!Aaron!~ :dremel:

2. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

is your case aluminum?

Dremel is the solution

is it steel?

jigsaw = the solution :rock:

3. racoontje

racoontje What's a Dremel?

Please don't capitalise every word, it's hard to read.

One of the better tools for cutting windows (and a lot of other stuff, it's a pretty versatile tool) is a Dremel. You should be able to find this at your local DIY store. Don't forget to bring some extra cutting disks, they break and/or use up easily.

An other tool is a fine saw with which you cut out the rough shape, combined with a set of files to make the shape a little more towards the way you want it, and a set of sanding papers (if you really want to do it right) in various grit sizes to finish the job off.

Whatever you do, make sure you get some rubber to put alongst the edge so you don't cut your fingers.

For the window you can use plexiglass or lexan... Lexan is a hard resin which resembles plexiglass, but it's a lot stronger and a lot more scratch-resistant. It is harder to get and a bit more expensive though.

4. lasoaaro

lasoaaro What's a Dremel?

Thanks...

Ok, Thanks...Now all I'm wondering about is what should I use as a sealer around where the window would be and what grit sandpaper??...Any Suggestions? :idea:

Thanks...

~!Aaron!~ :dremel:

Last edited: 10 Aug 2004