1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Fixing Veneer

Discussion in 'General' started by thehippoz, 29 Jun 2012.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ah I'm back.. anyways been kind of a hectic week- we had the salesman from hell come by appointment this weekend to run some tests on our water.. little did I know he was sweet in the pants- my dars been off lately

I went to make a call to a friend regarding water softening and whole house/reverse osmosis filters.. that's when he struck surprise buttsecking our veneer.. also the brand new stainless steel sink was scratched after he left

he was trying to sell a self cleaning water softener and sink filter installed for 6k.. I don't have to tell you what came out of my mouth for that price xD I told him they would need women salesmen to come by and do some things before that would happen..

anyways is there a way to fix this so it doesn't look like fleece johnson was on top of the sink.. I have no proof so I'm just going to swallow it..

[​IMG]

2. getDownShep

getDownShep What's a Dremel?

3. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Depends on how good a finish you want. Darkend down with crayon or actual wax designed for repairs will take the harshness down so you need to look for it - or get a restoration guy in to do it. I expect it wouldn't be worth it for the cost tho. I'd have a go at the crayon myself :)

thehippoz likes this.
  4. thehippoz

will give it a shot- update on how it goes

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Is that Alder wood? Is it a scratch or a dent?

If it's a dent, try putting water on it. Let it soak in and then take a hot iron and move over the dent. The water should raise the grain slightly, then the hot iron/steam should puff up the rest of the grain. Most of the time it will raise the dent past the existing surface. Then sand and refinish. But a crayon will also work, especially if it's just a scratch

thehippoz likes this.
  6. thehippoz

[​IMG]

the crayon didn't work too well.. ended up with some wood putty

it's veneer so unless I can cut, glue, and sand in a patch- not really noticeable now though and I can always take the putty off later to do it right..

thanks guys- now let's see what I can do with this can of paint left out in the garage on these door sidings :D

7. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Let me tell you about the time I fixed some 1920's Parquet flooring by sanding it back and rubbing some hairwax into it.

You totally couldn't tell I accidentally got some spray-paint on it and got my full deposit back.

My flatmate also broke the toilet when he flushed the best parts of a binload of fruit peelings down there drunk, because he had seen me flush cereal down it (you know the half eaten incredibly soggy stuff) right before a party...