1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flat mates

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent_M, 25 Jan 2008.

1. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

hey, i was wondering if anyone had any advice on interviewing prospective flat mates?
    my friend and i found a really nice student flat but we don't have enough people for it, and all our friends already have places it seems.

also any advice on places to advertise apart from around university would be great.

2. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Best bet is through your uni, contact accommodation services mention you've got a spare room. So if any students call through that has failed to get halls or enquire about accommodation can get your details.

Also my uni have internal classifies and SU mag that spare rooms can be advertised in. - worth trying

I personally would advice against advertising out side of uni, just because I wouldn’t want some random bum asking to move in. at least through uni there's a degree of vetting.

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

+1 get a fellow uni student.

Get someone that wants to study as much as you guys - you don't want someone that just wants to pump mp3's through his headphones all night while you're trying to study or sleep. It may be tempting to get someone that can help get girls, alcohol, has a cool car, etc.. but it will be better to get someone that can help you to study. Advertise in the library & student union, stuff like that.

4. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

QFT.

Also worth placing ad's asking for single openminded bi-curious Swedish female vollyballers. You never know.

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Also, you really want to make sure that they are have paid a deposit and first month's rent before they move in. We learned that the hard way.

6. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

yeah, currently we are looking for people to get the place with us, so we wont be subletting(i hope).
    currently it looks like we will just have to poster up the uni, luckily the animation department has its own board, so we may be able to nab some more animators.

currently we have 2-3 people and we're considering putting down the holding fee today, as one of us is going to be going away for two weeks and we dont want to loose this house.

7. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

lose, not loose. if it were my school, i'd kick you out just for that.

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

^^ no proper cApiTALIzashuN. EYED kIK you out of the country for that.