Case Mod - In Progress Flow rate issues in new build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BreaK-, 10 May 2011.

1. BreaK-

BreaK- What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, first time poster long time lurker.

I'm having a problem with my newly built water cooling system. It's a modded TJ07 that I've had air cooled for a few years now, but I seem to have caught the modding bug and gone all out on this. Anyways the build is 99% finished and I'm really happy with it considering its my first build, however I'm having real troubles with the water flow rate.

Water cooled Specs:

Laing D5 pump (EK top).
    3/8" tubing.
    EVGA Hydro Copper 2 580GTX block.
    EK Supreme Nickel CPU Block.
    EK & Bitspower fittings.
    Phobya 360 G Changer Rad.
    EK Spin Bay Res. (Which ATM doesn NOT spin).

So yeah, even with the Laing D5 on setting 5, the spin indicator isn't moving at all. I can see water flowing down the window of the res, but the spin isn't moving. I don't think the flow is fast enough to register.

Loop order is: Res-Pump-Rad-GPU-CPU-Res. Obv with the pump pulling directly from the res.

Atm there is just distilled water in the loop, but I decided to add a little green Feser One to see how good the flow was. The green fluid just stayed in the Res, and wasn't immediately sucked out by the pump as I expected. In fact, it almost refused to go down the tubing to the pump, as if the pump was pushing back up! (Its not I've triple checked)....

So yeah guys, have you any ideas to help me out? I'd be really grateful if you could shed some light on this.

Thanks! Oh here are some bad quality pics using my camera phone to show you the loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see in the last pic the water is flowing... just at a stupidly slow rate. My temps are fine, just id like a bit more flow in the loop!

Thanks again guys!