Multi Fortnite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 26 Jul 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'm fairly sure I already made a thread about this game, but I may have forgotten to actually post it... :wallbash:

BLURB:
    Fortnite is a Free2Play action building game from Epic Games. You and your friends will lead a group of Heroes to reclaim and rebuild a homeland that has been left empty by mysterious darkness only known as "the Storm".

Band together online to build extravagant forts, find or build insane weapons and traps and protect your towns from the strange monsters that emerge during the Storm.

When the game launches properly in 2018 it will be F2P, but for now you can buy into Early Access (£34.99 Standard Edition). It's out on PC/Mac via the EPIC Games Launcher, PS4 and XB1. If you buy it on PC you also have it on PS4 and there is cross-progression between the two platforms! Just sign into your EPIC Games account and make sure to link your PSN. Sadly you don't get it free on XB1 or have cross-saves there, at least not yet :(

The official FAQ states that there is only cross-progression between PC & PS4, but there is no cross-platform-play, buuuut.... there kind of is! Nobody is sure if this is intended or not, but at least for now, it seems PC players can team up with friends on Xbox or PS4 as long as they are on their EPIC Games friendlist. I haven't heard of PS4 & XB1 players joining each other though.

It's also a good idea to link your Twitch account to Fortnite as there will be special quests available to broadcasters and viewers! Just watching a Fortnite stream gives you the chance to receive extra quests.

official site | twitter | facebook | twitch | youtube | instagram | official discord

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I got a standard key off someone in ZiiP who got one of the larger founders packs. Tried a few hours of it, slightly confused by some mechanics (schematics etc) but genuinely enjoying it.

Would be good if they handed out a few standard keys for friends. Might help with stress testing and bug reporting.

3. Hex

I agree, though from my insider-ish knowledge, I don't think it will happen for a little while. I do PR for some partnered streamers and when requesting keys there was a note that even if you requested multiple keys for friends or giveaways you were only likely to get one key for that title. For reference: that isn't the norm.

I've still only played a little bit solo as my friends have all been streaming it for days now & are really far ahead of me! It is fun, but I'm not sure I know enough about what I'm doing to be comfortable playing with randoms just yet!

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I've solo'd everything bar one mission so far. I accidentally built more than was intended (construction limit of 30, I built 31 things...) and annoyed the others and missed out on XP. Oh well, I didn't see the prompt.

The pathfinding for the husks is a little disappointing as I was hoping that my maze of traps in my main base would make short work of things, but they just run to the first flat surface and start smashing away :/ Hopefully it will improve over time.

The engine is nice and silly. Runs silky smooth too.

5. Hex

Sadly not the case for me :( I had to end-task the game the first time I tried to run it as it was an absolute slide-show, it turns out that "let Fortnite find the best settings for you!" just sets everything to EPIC and my PC really isn't equipped for that! It's all on Medium now (shadows off) but is still pretty choppy here and there. Weirdly it's exactly the same choppiness on PS4 too, which I wasn't expecting. Still perfectly playable though. My friend also had a lot of issues with the sound clipping out, but that only happens when OBS is running.