1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foundation degree

Discussion in 'General' started by hellomoto, 2 Apr 2005.

1. hellomoto

hellomoto What's a Dremel?

Has anyone here done a foundation degree as I'm considering doing one. Worth doing? I believe you can top-up to a hons degree. Can you also do a placement year too?

2. j03

j03 What's a Dremel?

Im doing a foundation degree in multimedia design. Would rather be doing the HND course realy but the FdA is full time so i can apply for a loan. dont know about the placement year but you can top it up to a full honours by doing the extra year, lots of theory work in that year though and apparently most students find work with out having to do the extra. hope that clears things up a little?

3. hellomoto

I have been considering going straight into a Computer Science (with networking) degree. But I mostly just want to do networking. Hence doing the foundation degree.

Whats the work load and your timetable like?

4. j03

j03 What's a Dremel?

I only have 2 1/2 days a week on the course and there is a lot of work to do. Gives a lot of time to do other things in the week but i would rather be in the college more. Quite a high work load but im coping with it and still have time to go out with mates :)

5. hellomoto

Thanks. Anything else worth knowing?

Will you be transferring to the Hons degree once you've finished?

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i did one ....in computing an maths...all i needed to do was pass 4 out of 8 modules with a pass percentage of only 40% :D .......most of my time i was gettin pissed in the bar but we all got thru.....with alittle help from each other...... :D

then i decided to do me HND as i cant b arsed to do a degree an i dnt like exams....so im doin that....but u can go an do a degree but it will prob b from the first or second year.

7. j03

j03 What's a Dremel?

Cant think of anything else i can tell you that would apply to your course. Still not sure about taking the third year, would like to in an ideal world but things are changing alot in my life recently and i may have to get full time work :sigh:

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Edit, just read it properly and in just foing computing not computer science :duh:

Im doing this degree but without the networking at the mo, the timetable for me is 20 hours a week over 2 days. To me its very general in what it covers so far i have completed modules on Web design, multimedia, system analysis, programming 1 and 2, networking, database design, quality, computer solutions, object orientated design and possibly something else i can't remember.

Its worth a go but you get no real look into a specific area you just skim accross the top of them all to give you the basic idea of how they work.

But if you do go for it, mail me and i'll send you my work to look over, its not amazing but im sat at a credit at the moment.

9. hellomoto

^ Are you doing the Foundation degree for e-business or a Computer Science degree? Without sounding big-headed, I do have the qualifications to get into a decent uni. I went to Bath but I just couldn't handle the pressure.

Thanks for offering me to have a look at your work. Much appreciated.

Will send email. Thanks.

10. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

To be honest im not exactly sure, did an HND in Computing and messed it up then the college stopped offering the HND and replaces it with this.

If your gonna mail me make the subject stand out in some way as i loose quite a bit due to spam and just deleting the lot.

11. hellomoto

OK. Email sent.

12. hellomoto

Ignore.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2012
  13. hellomoto

Any others?