1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fractal Meshify 2S radiator options

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Mordante, 12 Dec 2020.

1. Mordante

Mordante What's a Dremel?

Dear all,

When I look at the Fractal Meshify 2S manual I see many radiator possibilities. But I cant find anything about max radiator thickness. Can anyone here tell me what the options are?

Also it in the manual I read that it's possible to fit a 280 in the bottom. Will that limit the PSU options? I was thinking of fitting in three 280 rads. front, top and bottom. Is this possible?

On a side note what version of the 2S should I get clear panel, dark panel or closed panel?

For mobo I was lookting at the: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact. For no other reason that I like the looks and I think I'll probably have 2 PCIe 4.0 M2 drives.

KR.

Drax Mordante

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Looks like you're not limited in thickness, just motherboard height (max 35 mm motherboard component height) for the top. The front is only limited by the top or bottom rad. You will be limited on PSU by the bottom RAD, probably best to assume its as small a PSU as possible, but a back of the envilope calc looking at the dims 200mm will probably be your max PSU length with cables.

3. Mordante

Mordante What's a Dremel?

I think I'll order the S2 with the mobo sometime in the next two weeks and start measuring what the possibilities are. A Dutch website (I'm Dutch) has the Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 280mm radiator - silver nickel on sale now almost 40% off. But I'd prefer a HWL GTR 280 but that is a cm thicker.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45s are very effective (I have an XT45 480 and an ST30 480), average build quality especially compared to Hardware Labs but performance wise compare very well to the best.